Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two a days


Not satisfied with one activity on a day off work and as the weather had cleared I decided to join my good friend Jim Kelly at the SF Hash Harriers run. I got to the start 5 minutes late and took some time running around the base of Coit Tower until I picked up trail. An excellent route took me up a bunch of stairs on the Coit Tower hill than down into North Beach and out to the Aquatic Park pier where I picked up the group.

More climbing in store as we made our way back and then up to the base of Coit Tower. Jim was running up the hills tonight, something about being cooped up inside all day or maybe he was chasing someone he'd just met at the pier :-) Phew those last few steps hurt in that good way that tells you your getting fitter. The obligatory beers and strange roasting cheers with the SF Harriers followed. An excellent group of folks all in all.

2 comments:

MemeandPapou said...

You're certainly getting enough exercise. It snowed two inches on our deck this AM (10/18), so I'm ready to hang up the bike. You're mom won't let me put hers away yet - just in case we get a great day. I'm at the gym 3 days per week now, getting in shape for skiing.

Dad

October 18, 2007 at 4:52 PM
Emily said...

Better you than me.

Sounds like fun in a sick kind of way :-)

October 21, 2007 at 4:47 PM