Saturday, September 29, 2007

2 out 3 doesn't cut it







Part of what I love about cross racing other than the mud (which we don't get much of here), is that you got to have training, skillz, & mechanical all going to do well. If your lacking in one you can forget about it. The mechanical stuff is more demanding than other bike racing; tire pressure, tubulars, spare bike/wheels, chain guards, handlebar brakes, etc....

Today I didn't have my mechanical mojo going, as I showed up to the race w/ only a front spare and a clincher (gasp!) on the rear. Fairfax is a super bumpy and technical course and I paid for it about 1/2 in with a flat. On the plus side I felt good and was riding fast.

Caught some Love Fest on the way back from the race which helped take the sting out :-)

So 2 hours spent tonight scrapping the old glue of my new race rear and I'm 1 step closer to having this seasons tubular wheel set. It will be as fast as it looks :-)

1 comments:

Emily said...

Bummer about your tire. Let me know when your next race is so that I can come out and cheer.

October 6, 2007 at 12:06 PM