Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mid-season approaches game on !




After a string top 5 finishes in last few weeks I was looking forward to the first true test of the season at the BASP #1. The race venue was at McLaren Park, a brutally hilly course which always seems to get in my head.

This time was no different as I got to the venue late, parking was a chore, warm-up time was minimal and somehow I managed to get to the start too late for anything but a last row start position, bummer.



The first lap was the usual chaos when you start in the back as riders continued to ditch it right in front of me, i think that happened to me 3 times in the first lap. To top it off I kept knocking my chain off on a particularly bumpy downhill section.

Finally just as I threatened to pull a good lap to together I flatted. Oh well. On the plus side I felt strong, I've got some bike work to do before I'm fully ready for the next big test in two weeks time.

1 comments:

MemeandPapou said...

Mark, That course looks evil!! I am glad you finished in one piece. Mom

October 24, 2008 at 4:03 PM