Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mt Hamilton Road Race



Over the Memorial Day weekend I raced in the Mt Hamilton Road Race. This was the longest and toughest road race I'd ever done but was also one of the most fun. I prepared well enough to enjoy my race but not well enough to finish w/ the leading group of riders. I hung on for about 3/4 of the 4,177 ft climb and settled in w/ a good group of racers for the remaining parts of the climb and the 42 miles of racing that followed. The group of six I was in worked together, the presence of two Cal Berry racers helped and we caught up to the next group on the road on the back side of the Mt. Instead of a group of 12 we still ended up w/ a group of 6 after the catch as we caught them on the last climb and some couldn't hang on. I ended up crossing the line in 32nd out of around 85 starters. Not a great result but a fun race nonetheless.

1 comments:

MemeandPapou said...

Jeez. My Acura can barely make it over Rabbit Ears Pass and that's less than 3000 ft. Dad

June 5, 2008 at 7:28 AM