Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Wall






The Wall always awaits in cross, it might come earlier or it might come late but it always makes an appearance. When it comes you either surmount, bust through, or bounce off.

Today in Golden Gate park i got bounced hard. I even have some bruises to show for it courtesy of a barrier. I staged well, got a good jump, wound my way through a big stack up in the deep sand on the first turn and found myself in great position on the first lap. Check !

Lap 2 I'm hanging w/ a fast group somewhere in the top 20, going a little slow in the corners but making it up in all out sprints out of each one. Lap 3 watch out here it comes early today, looks unsually thick wham ! I'm bounced and toasted. Bobble on the barrier bam !, crowd audibly shudders, that's going to hurt later.

Lap 4, can't hold a wheel. Lap 5 can't hold a wheel,... you get the idea. Finally with two to go the HR kicks up and I'm able to salvage some pride and hold a few riders off through the finish.

Great start, tough race but a fun day and and awesome cross race scene in the park today. Thanks to friends and teammates who came out to cheer.

Special props to Jim for the pics !

Result: 33/45

1 comments:

MemeandPapou said...

Now that we know what your outfit looks like, we can pick you out of a crowd.

Dad

November 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM